Quanta-Ray® Pro Series
UNSURPASSED PERFORMANCE, RELIABILITY, AND QUALITY
- Repetition rates from 1 to 50 Hz with energies in excess of 2.5 J per pulse
- Gold elliptical pump chambers
- Sealed beam paths
- High-quality, high-damage-threshold optics from Spectra-Physics’ dedicated in-house coating lab
Spectra-Physics Quanta-Ray high-pulse energy Nd:YAG lasers are recognized world wide for their unsurpassed performance, reliability and quality. They incorporate pioneering technologies such as dual-rod oscillators, gold-coated elliptical pump chambers, internal sealed beam paths, and high-damage-threshold optics from Spectra-Physics’ advanced coatings lab—all combine to create the best beam quality and highest energies in the industry.
The heart of the Quanta-Ray laser is its unique pump chamber. The chamber strikes the perfect balance between efficiency and beam mode quality by employing elliptical goldcoated reflectors to couple the lamps into the Nd:YAG rod. The gold surfaces provide high reflectivity at pump wavelengths while attenuating UV wavelengths. Proprietary diffusion techniques ensure uniform illumination of the Nd:YAG rod.
Quanta-Ray lasers are also the only lasers on the market to feature completely sealed internal beam paths through the use of nitrogen-purged beam tubes. Sealed beam paths greatly extend the longevity of optical coatings by shielding all optical components from harmful contaminants in even the harshest of environments. Spectra-Physics uses only Sol-Gel coated pockels cells. This coating greatly enhances the lifetime of the cells and improves the performance of the laser system. BBO FHGs give highest energies, best beam quality and highest damage thresholds. These features lead to the best “bumper-to-bumper” one-year warranty on all optics, mechanics and electronics available from a pulsed YAG supplier.
Newly incorporated modern digital signal processing (DSP) electronics in all Quanta-Ray Nd:YAG lasers provide a modern control system for the user. Direct digital interface and Graphical User Interface (GUI) enables intuitive control of the system and simplified integration with complex systems.
The Quanta-Ray Pro series represents Spectra-Physics’ highest pulse energy Nd:YAG lasers. They incorporate the Lab series single or dual-rod oscillators with two amplifier stages resulting in output energies up to 2.5 J per pulse. The patented intra-oscillator birefringence compensation design in the Lab series is the key to producing the superior beam quality that allows the Pro series to achieve higher repetition rates and higher average powers than any other high-power Nd:YAG laser on the market.
Options include BeamLok® for active beam pointing stabilization and D-Lok®. BeamLok enables the user to specify long-term pointing stability at less than ±25 μrad over an 8 hour period—all through a PC. D-Lok suppresses the problem of increasing divergence with aging flash-lamps resulting in guaranteed longer flash-lamp lifetimes and fewer downstream optical alignments. D-Lok also stabilizes any thermal imbalance in the Nd:YAG gain medium eliminating fluctuations in output beam polarization. Its high polarization purity enables high-efficiency harmonic generation and stable harmonic beam shapes.
|Amplifier and OPCPA seeding|
|THz spectroscopy and imaging|
|Optical coherence tomography|
|Surface enhanced HHG|
|Repetition Rate||10 Hz||30 Hz||50 Hz||10 Hz||30 Hz||50 Hz||10 Hz||30 Hz||50 Hz||10 Hz||30 Hz||50 Hz||10 Hz|
|1064 nm||1250 mJ||950 mJ||650 mJ||1500 mJ||1100 mJ||750 mJ||1750 mJ||1300 mJ||900 mJ||2000 mJ||1600 mJ||1000 mJ||2500 mJ|
|532 nm||650 mJ||475 mJ||300 mJ||800 mJ||550 mJ||350 mJ||900 mJ||600 mJ||400 mJ||1000 mJ||800 mJ||500 mJ||1400 mJ|
|355 nm3||375 mJ||300 mJ||140 mJ||425 mJ||325 mJ||160 mJ||475 mJ||350 mJ||225 mJ||550 mJ||375 mJ||275 mJ||750 mJ|
|EEO-355 nm3||400 mJ||320 mJ||160 mJ||475 mJ||350 mJ||180 mJ||550 mJ||400 mJ||250 mJ||650 mJ||425 mJ||300 mJ||850 mJ|
|266 nm||140 mJ||80 mJ||40 mJ||165 mJ||85 mJ||55 mJ||175 mJ||90 mJ||65 mJ||200 mJ||110 mJ||80 mJ||250 mJ|
|Wavelength||Pulse Width4||Short Term Energy Stability5||Long Term Power Drift6|
|1064 nm||8–12 ns||±2%||<3%|
|532 nm||1–2 ns <1064 nm||±3%||<5%|
|355 nm||2–3 ns <1064 nm||±4%||<6%|
|266 nm||3–4 ns <1064 nm||±8%||<10%|
|Spatial Mode Profile7||Standard Fit||ESM Fit8|
|Near Field (1 m)||>70%||Contact Spectra-Physics|
|Far Field (∞)||>95%||Contact Spectra-Physics|
|Beam Diameter10||Pro-200 <10 mm||Pro-300 <13 mm|
|BeamLok Specifications||Standard Pro Series||With BeamLok/D-Lok|
|Beam Pointing Stability11||<±50 µrad||<±25 µrad|
|Beam Divergence12||<0.5 mrad||<2 x initial level|
|Lamp Lifetimes13||30 million pulses||40 million pulses|
|Injection Seeded14||<0.003 cm-1|
|Timing Jitter15||<0.5 ns|
|Water Service16||10 Hz – 3.8 liters/min (1.0 US gallons/min)
30 Hz and 50 Hz – 7.6 liters/min (2.0 US gallons/min)
|Electrical Service17,19||10/30/50 Hz: <30 A/<40 A/<50 A|
|Voltage18||190–260 V, single phase, 50/60 Hz|
|Umbilical Length||3 m (10 ft)|
|Remote Cord Length||3 m (10 ft)|
|Weight||Laser Head 84 kg (185 lb)
Power Supply 114 kg (250 lb)
|Power Supply Dimensions (L x W x H)||76.99 x 64.00 x 75.74 cm
(30.3 x 25.2 x 29.8 in)
1. All specifications, unless otherwise stated, are for Q-switched 1064 nm operation and are subject to change without notice.
2. Harmonic energies are specified after separation using dichroic mirror pairs. It is also assumed that polarization of measured harmonic is in vertical polarization, making an “S” polarized reflection from dichroics. 532 nm energies are specified using
Type II SHG. 355 nm energies are specified using Type II doubler. Using a Type I doubler in tripling process will result in a 10% increase in published 355 nm specification except for the following-models: Pro-250-10, Pro-230-10.
3. Addition of LBP option for pumping Scan Series OPOs can result in a 5% loss of 355 nm energy. EEO - high UV output option designed for OPO pumping, includes injection seeder, harmonic generator, 355 nm dichroic separators, and beam dump.
4. Normal full width half maximum (FWHM) for Pro series lasers is 10-12 ns except for Pro 270-10, Pro 290-10, and Pro 350-10 versions which is 8-10 ns. The optional short pulse mode reduces the 1064 nm pulse width to approximately 2.5 ns
and reduces the energy by approximately 10%. (Short pulse mode available on seeded versions on special request only).
5. Pulse-to-pulse stability for >99% of pulses, measured over a 1 hour period.
6. Over 8 hour period with temperature variations of <±3°C.
7. Near field spatial profiles measured <1 m from laser using commercially available beam diagnostic system. 70% refers to correlation between actual beam profile and least squares best fit Gaussian profile. Far field profiles are measured at
focal plane of a 2 m focal length lens and measured between FWHM points. Specifications based on 10 Hz lasers. Fit to flat-top central 80% of beam near field.
8. Enhanced spatial mode options can be tailored to meet your application needs. To obtain >85% Gaussian fits, energy can be reduced by 50%. Contact Spectra-Physics to establish specifications.
9. Refers to maximum deviation from best fit Gaussian profile measured in near field (1 m) between FWHM points.
10. Actual beam diameter will vary depending on laser configuration.
11. Long term average pointing drift after warm up, over 8 hours ±-3°C. Shot-to-shot pointing stability <±25 μrad. Angle measured is polar angle.
12. Full angle measured at FWHM points.
13. IR energy within 10% of specified value.
14. Insertion losses for systems using model 6350 injection seeder are <15% at 1064 nm, 532 nm, and 266 nm.
15. RMS jitter from Q-switched sync pulse at 10 Hz. Jitter is ≤1 ns RMS when using model 6350 injection seeder at 10 Hz and ≤1.5 ns at 30 Hz.
16. Minimum pressure 40 psi. maximum pressure 60 psi.
17. Input transformer has taps at 190, 200, 210, 220, 230, 240, 250, and 260 V. Once tap is chosen, actual input voltage differing by more than ±10% may affect operation of laser.
18. Measured on request.
19. Max current draw of laser.
Quanta-Ray Pro Series Dimensions
Pulsed Nd:YAG with up to 1 J of energy per pulse
Pulsed Nd:YAG with up to 450 mJ of energy per pulse
Entry level narrow linewidth nanosecond dye lasers
Amplified narrow linewidth nanosecond dye lasers
Higher energy amplified narrow linewidth nanosecond dye lasers
Low cost, entry level nanosecond OPOs
Versatile nanosecond OPOs
Premium nanosecond OPOs
Frequency doubler for 355 nm and 532 nm pumped OPOs
Low power thermal sensors – 140 mW to 50 W
Medium-high power fan-cooled thermal sensors - 50 mW to 100 W