WIDELY TUNABLE ULTRAFAST LASER SYSTEM
FOR MULTIPHOTON IMAGING
- Field proven with largest installed base
- Broadest tuning range:
680 nm to 1300 nm for deepest imaging
- High power across tuning range: >2 W at 900 nm,
>1.4 W at 1200 nm
Spectra-Physics’ new InSight® X3™ is the third generation of Spectra-Physics’ industry leading InSight platform, specifically designed for advanced multiphoton microscopy applications.
Based on patented technology1, InSight X3 features a broad 680 nm to 1300 nm continuous, gap free tuning from a single source, nearly double the tuning range of legacy Ti:Sapphire ultrafast lasers. InSight X3 delivers high average and peak power levels across the tuning range, including critical near infrared wavelengths above 900 nm for deepest penetration in-vivo.
With Spectra-Physics’ integrated patented DeepSee™, the industry standard dispersion pre-compensator, the short pulses are optimally delivered through a microscope to the sample for maximum fluorescence and penetration depth. InSight X3 also has exceptional beam pointing stability, beam quality and output power stability, as well as fast wavelength tuning, making it ideal for microscopy.
When equipped with the fixed 1045 nm dual beam option, InSight X3 fully supports the diverse needs of multimodal imaging. The two synchronized output beams enable easy simultaneous imaging of various fluorescence proteins (for example GFP and mCherry) and genetically encoded calcium indicators (GCaMP6 and jRGECO1a), SHG/THG imaging, and advanced imaging techniques such as CARS and SRS.
InSight X3 is designed, manufactured and tested according to the same stringent quality standards as for our industrial lasers used in 24/7 manufacturing environments. Robust and fully automated, InSight X3 provides hands-off operation, freeing users to focus on their critical research.
1. The InSight X3 technology is protected by US patents 7,962,046 and 8,902,939.
|Multimodal imaging including CARS, SRS, SHG, THG|
|Optical computed tomography|
|Surface second harmonic generation|
|InSight X3||Dual Option|
|Tuning Range||680 nm–1300 nm||1045 nm (fixed)|
|Average Power2||>1.0 W at 700 nm
>1.6 W at 800 nm
>2.0 W at 900 nm
>1.8 W at 1000 nm
>1.6 W at 1100 nm
>1.4 W at 1200 nm
>1.0 W at 1300 nm
|>3.5 W at 1045 nm|
|Pulse Width3, 6||<120 fs||<200 fs|
|Repetition Rate||80 MHz ±0.5 MHz|
|Spatial Mode||TEM00, M2 <1.2|
|Beam Divergence, full angle3||<1.5 mrad|
|Beam Diameter (1/e²)3||1.1 ±0.2 mm|
|Beam Pointing Stability||<350 µrad full range|
|Tuning Speed||>50 nm/sec full range|
|Dispersion Range2||680 nm: -12,000 fs2 to -40,000 fs2
800 nm: 0 fs2 to -25,000 fs2
1050 nm: 0 fs2 to -10,000 fs2
1300 nm: -3,000 fs2 to -8,000 fs2
1045 nm: -15,000 fs2 fixed
|InSight X3||Dual Option|
|Altitude||Up to 2000 m|
|Relative Humidity, Operating||Maximum 75% non-condensing up to 25°C|
|Relative Humidity, Storage||<65% for 15–35°C|
|Cooled Water Temperature in Closed-loop Chiller||21°C typical7|
1. Due to our continous improvement program, specifications may change without notice.
2. Specifications only apply to the wavelength noted.
3. Specification applies to 900 nm (tunable) or 1041 nm (fixed), respectively.
4. Specification represents rms noise measured in a 10 Hz to 10 MHz bandwidth.
5. Percent power drift in any 2-hour period with less than ±1°C temperature change after a 1-hour warm up.
6. A sech2 pulse shape is used to determine the pulse width as measured with a Newport PulseScout® autocorrelator.
7. Avoid obstructing the air exhaust grills which will result in the recirculation of hot exhaust air. Cooling air enters through the front panel and exits through the rear fan apertures.
8. The InSight X3 is a Class IV – High-Power Laser, whose beam is, by definition, a safety and fire hazard. Take precautions to prevent exposure to direct and reflected beams. Diffuse as well as specular reflections can cause severe skin or eye damage.
InSight X3 Dimensions
|InSight X3 Data Sheet|
|Ultrafast Laser Brochure|
Femtosecond Lasers Advance Two-Photon Optogenetics
Multiphoton Imaging/Neuroscience: Ultrafast Lasers take Neuroscience Deeper Yet
Sensitive Red Protein Calcium Indicators for Imaging Neural Activity
- Rational Design Of A High-Affinity, Fast, Red Calcium Indicator R-CAMP2
- Trouble-free 2-Photon Microscopy with Fixed Wavelength Femtosecond Lasers
- Two-Photon Microscopy/Multimodal Imaging: Femtosecond Laser Developments Advance Two-Photon Imaging
- Taking Multiphoton Imaging to New Depths
- DPSS UV Laser Improves Mass Spectrometry and Laser Microdissection
- Multiphoton Microscopy: Turnkey Femtosecond Lasers Fuel Growth of Multiphoton Imaging
- Why M2 Matters
|Mai Tai DeepSee
Broad tuning range, built-in dispersion compensation for highest peak power
Broad tuning range and ultra short pulse width