ONE BOX TI:SAPPHIRE LASERS
- High output power maximizes penetration depth in multiphoton imaging
- Short output pulse width to provide high peak power
- Wide tuning range for efficient excitation of all commonly used fluorophores
The Spectra-Physics® Mai Tai® Ti:Sapphire oscillator is used for a variety of applications ranging from general spectroscopy to multiphoton microscopy. With its leading performance specifications and largest installed base of any laser of its type, the Mai Tai is truly a cutting-edge tool for basic research and biological imaging.
The Mai Tai series includes three models of increasing power and tuning range to allow customers to choose the system to best match their application. Ideal for multiphoton microscopy, the Mai Tai HP provides more than 300 nm (690–1040 nm) in useable tuning range with over 2.5 W of average power and a pulse width of less than 100 fs. For customers interested in systems with a shorter pulse width, the Mai Tai BB provides more than 240 nm in useable tuning range with a pulse width of less than 80 fs. Finally, the Mai Tai XF-1 provides more than 200 nm in useable tuning range with an even shorter pulse width of less than 70 fs. For access to longer wavelengths beyond 1040 nm, Spectra-Physics offers InSight® X3™ with exceptionally wide tuning range (680–1300 nm) for deep in vivo imaging.
The Mai Tai series reliability is maintained using proven, ultra-stable regenerative mode-locking. Using this method, the Mai Tai oscillator is capable of hands free, drop-out free wavelength tuning enabling speedy collection of excitation profiles all at the click of a mouse. StabiLok® real-time monitoring technology also enhances system reliability by providing excellent beam pointing stability and minimal average power fluctuations, as well as eliminating wavelength drift. These two features combine to make the Mai Tai oscillator the most reliable and most versatile hands-free laser source available.
|Optical computed tomography|
|Surface second harmonic generation|
|Mai Tai HP||Mai Tai BB||Mai Tai XF-1|
|Pulse Width2,3||<100 fs||<80 fs||<70 fs|
|Tuning Range4||690–1040 nm||710–990 nm||710–920 nm|
|Average Power at 800 nm2||>2.5 W||>1.5 W||>900 mW|
|Average Power, Alternative Wavelengths5||>500 mW at 690 nm
>1.35 W at 710 nm
>1.35 W at 920 nm
>300 mW at 1040 nm
|>650 mW at 710 nm
>650 mW at 920 nm
>250 mW at 990 nm
|>400 mW at 710 nm
>400 mW at 920 nm
|Repetition Rate2, 6||80 MHz ±1 MHz|
|Beam Pointing Stability||<50 µrad/100 nm|
|Spatial Mode2||TEMoo, M2 <1.1|
|Beam Divergence2||<1.2 mrad|
|Beam Diameter (1/e²)2||<1.2 mm|
|Mai Tai HP||Mai Tai BB||Mai Tai XF-1|
|Altitude||Up to 2000 m|
|Relative Humidity, Operating||Maximum 75% non-condensing up to 25°C|
|Relative Humidity, Storage||<65% for 15–35°C|
|Cooled Water Temperature in Closed-loop Chiller||21°C typical9|
1. Due to our continuous product improvement program, specifications may change without notice.
2. Specification applies to 800 nm only.
3. A sech2 pulse shape is used to determine the pulse width as measured with a Newport PulseScout® autocorrelator.
4. Mai Tai is also available with a fixed, factory preset wavelength within the wavelength range noted.
5. Specifications apply to operation at the wavelength noted.
6. Laser operation is specified at a nominal repetition rate of 80 MHz.
7. Specification represents rms noise measured in a 10 Hz to 10 MHz bandwidth.
8. Percent power drift in any 2-hour period with <±1°C temperature change after a 1-hour warm up.
9. Avoid obstructing the air exhaust grills which will result in the recirculation of hot exhaust air. Cooling air enters through the front panel and exits through the rear fan apertures.
10. The Mai Tai is a Class IV – High-Power Laser, whose beam is, by definition, a safety and fire hazard. Take precautions to prevent exposure to direct and reflected beams. Diffuse as well as specular reflections can cause severe skin or eye damage.
Mai Tai Dimensions
Widely tunable ultrafast laser system for multiphoton imaging
|Mai Tai DeepSee
Broad tuning range, built-in dispersion compensation for highest peak power
|Mai Tai SP
Fully-automated short pulse ultrafast oscillator for amplifier seeding
Optical parametric oscillators with ultra-wide spectral coverage from UV to IR
Automated femtosecond/picosecond harmonic generators
Ultrafast harmonic generator for fs and ps lasers
High energy, industrial one-box ultrafast amplifiers
High performance Ti:Sapphire regenerative amplifiers
|Spitfire Ace PA
High power. Maximum stability.
Low power thermal sensors – 20 mW to 10 W
Laser safety goggles for diode disc dye, fiber Nd:YAG, Ho:YAG, Er:YAG and CO2 wavelengths