HIGH-ENERGY, INDUSTRIAL ONE-BOX
- Unsurpassed operating stability and stable operation over a 10°C temperature range
- Patented Ace regenerative amplifier cavity design
- Configurable pulse widths from <35 fs to <120 fs
- Configurable repetition rate, 1–10 kHz
The Spectra-Physics® Solstice® Ace™ was the first femtosecond ultrafast amplifier designed, built and tested to meet rigorous industrial standards. Solstice Ace incorporates modular components, adjustment-free mounting hardware, and field proven pump and seed lasers. The result is an industry-leading, hands-free ultrafast light source for a wide range of ultrafast applications.
Solstice Ace is capable of reliable operation over a 10°C temperature range. Unlike traditional lasers that utilize standard optomechanics, Solstice Ace employs adjustmentfree EternAlign™ optical mounts to maximize long-term stability and performance. The regenerative amplifier and the stretcher/compressor are housed in 2 independently temperature stabilized enclosures to ensure optimal stability. The Solstice Ace is designed to operate in a wide range of environments to provide industrial level stability
Using Spectra-Physics’ patented Ace regenerative amplifier cavity, the Solstice Ace delivers >7 W at 1 kHz, >8 W at 5 kHz and >7 W at 10 kHz with pulse width configurations ranging from <35 fs to <120 fs. For every configuration of Solstice Ace, the beam quality is exceptional (M2 <1.25) making it perfect for OPA pumping and a wide range of nonlinear spectroscopy applications.
|2D IR spectroscopy|
|Ultrafast pump-probe spectroscopy|
|Four wave mixing spectroscopy|
|Ultrafast micromachining on a wide variety of materials|
||<35 fs–<120 fs|
|Pre-Pulse Contrast Ratio5||1000:1|
|Post-Pulse Contrast Ratio6||100:1|
|Operating Temperature Range||±5°C|
|Energy Stability||<0.5% rms over 24 hours|
|Beam Pointing Stability||<5 µrad (rms)7|
|Spatial Mode||TEM00 (M2 <1.25, both axes)|
|Beam Diameter (1/e²)||10-11 mm (nominal)|
1. Due to our continuous product improvements, specifications are subject to change without notice.
2. A Gaussian pulse shape (0.7 deconvolution factor) is used to determine pulse width (FWHM) from autocorrelation signal as measured with a Newport PulseScout® autocorrelator.
3. Pulse width must be specified at time of purchase.
4. The desired optimum repetition rate can be specified at the time of purchase or additonal optics sets can be used to reconfigure the amplifier. Any system can be operated at reduced repetition rates through internal divide-down electronics.
5. Defined as the ratio between peak intensity of output pulse to peak intensity of any pre-pulse that occurs >1 ns before the output pulse.
6. Defined as the ratio between peak intensity of output pulse to peak intensity of any post-pulse that occurs >1 ns after the output pulse.
7. At constant temperature. Variable temperature specification >20 μrad/°C, peak-to-peak.
8. For wavelength extension through SHG, THG, FHG or OPA, please contact Spectra-Physics.
9. Performance specifications apply at peak of gain curve. Tuning range for <35 fs version: 795–805 nm.
10. The Solstice Ace is a Class IV – High-Power Laser, whose beam is, by definition, a safety and fire hazard. Take precautions to prevent exposure to direct and reflected beams. Diffuse as well as specular reflections can cause severe skin or eye damage.
Solstice Ace Dimensions
High performance Ti:Sapphire regenerative amplifiers
Broad tuning range and ultra short pulse width
|Mai Tai SP
Fully-automated short pulse ultrafast oscillator for amplifier seeding
High power pulsed DPSS green lasers for Ti:Sapphire amplifier pumping
Automated optical parametric amplifiers (OPAs)
|Terahertz Time Domain Spectrometer
Turn-key terahertz pump-probe spectrometer
|Transient Absorption Spectrometer
Femtosecond pump-probe spectrometer
Low power thermal sensor - 10mW to 50W