- Fiber-coupling input ensures fast, easy, and reliable alignment
- Active input power monitoring and safety shutoff feature
- Power lock mode to reduce amplitude noise
- Automatic laser head recognition
- Post-amplification beam shaping
The New Focus™ VAMP series Tapered Amplifiers is your solution for high-power tunable and fixed-wavelength applications such as atomic cooling, spectroscopy, and Bose-Einstein Condensation. The VAMP will faithfully amplify tunable single-frequency light produced by External Cavity Diode Lasers as well as other light sources of appropriate wavelength. All New Focus tapered amplifiers include an isolator on the output as standard.
The VAMP is configured with a fiber coupled input, ensuring fast, easy and reliable alignment. Active input power monitoring triggers a safety shutoff when the seed power drops below 10 mW, preventing self-lasing and protecting the lifetime of the tapered amplifier chip.
Simple intuitive control with the TA-7600-LN controller means you are up and running immediately. The TA-7600-LN controller comes standard with tapered amplifier head recognition to automatically set the temperature and current upper limit. It also features front panel control, RS-232 and USB interfaces, and an intuitive GUI.
When seeded with low-ASE sources such as the Vortex™ Plus or Velocity™ lasers the VAMP faithfully reproduces narrow linewidths and high contrast ratios. The VAMP will also accept other seed sources, including many home-built ECDLs. Contact our tech support for help in seeding the VAMP.
|MOT and BEC|
|TA-7612||755–775 nm||765 nm||>1.5 W||0.5 W|
|TA-7613||775–785 nm||780 nm||>1 W||0.5 W|
|TA-7613-H||779–790 nm||780 nm||>2 W||N/A|
|TA-7614-H||787–805 nm||795 nm||>1.8 W||0.5 W|
|TA-7616||840–855 nm||850 nm||>1 W||0.5 W|
|TA-7618||910–920 nm||915 nm||>1 W||N/A|
|ASE, at maximum power and center wavelength||<-45 dB (0.01 nm OSA resolutions)|
|Beam Divergence||<1.5 mrad, typical|
|Beam Pointing Stability||<50 µrad (±2°C)|
|Frequency Jitter||Seed laser dependent|
|Linewidth||Seed laser dependent|
|Long Term Stability, power, closed loop||±1% (±2°C), typical, seed laser dependent|
|Optical Output4||Optically-isolated, fiber-coupled|
|Min. Optical Input at FC/APC Connector5||10–20 mW|
|Max. Optical Input at FC/APC Connector||100 mW|
|User Interface||Controller front panel, RS232, USB|
|Power Supply Requirement||100-240 VAC (50-60 Hz), power consumption <105 W|
|Environment Temperature, operating||15-30⁰C|
|Environment Temperature, storage||0-50⁰C|
1. Due to our continuous product improvement program, specifications are subject to change without notice.
2. Contact us for all available wavelengths.
3. Power at center wavelength when seeded with appropriate wavelength and power. Contact us for output power at specific seed wavelength and for
all available output powers.
4. Integrated 35 dB optical isolaton. Fiber-coupled option includes isolator and permanently fixed Panda type PM fiber with FC/APC connector for laser
output. Wide-type alignment key aligned with the slow axis of the PM fiber. Dual stage isolation, other fiber types and connectors available upon
request. Fiber-coupled output option unavailable for TA-7613-H and TA-7618.
5. Minimum seed power is 15 mW for TA-7612, TA-7616, 20 mW for TA-7613, TA-7613-H, TA-7614-H and 10 mW for TA-7618 to achieve full specified
power output. Safety shutoff activated below 10 mW input power. Fiber-coupled input only. Fiber-coupled configuration of the New Focus Vortex
Plus, Velocity, and SWL is compatible to the tapered amplifier input. 70 dB isolation recommended between the seed laser and TA-7613-H and
VAMP TA-7600 Dimensions