SUM AND DIFFERENCE FREQUENCY MIXER FOR TUNABLE CW LASERS
- Input wavelength range 690 to 1020 nm
- Choose output range from 422–670 nm for SFM and 1.1–4.2 μm for DFM
- Temperature stabilized crystal mount for maximum conversion efficiency and stability of output power
- All solid state solution providing tunable CW visible and near to mid-IR output
MixTrain is an advanced stand-alone device that enables sum or difference frequency mixing of single frequency CW laser beams in periodically polled crystals. High mixing efficiencies are achieved by precision temperature control to ensure optimal quasi-phase matching over the entire tuning range of the Matisse®. When combined with a high power fiber laser, sum frequency output exceeding 2 W is readily achieved.
The MixTrain is equipped with all optics needed for combining input lasers, mixing in periodically poled crystals, and separation of the desired sum (SFM) or difference (DFM) frequency mixing output from the residual input beams. The platform includes a lens to collimate the output, and an isolator to protect the fiber laser from damage due to back reflections.
Periodically poled mixing crystals are mounted in a removable configuration to allow for alternate fiber input wavelengths. The mixing crystals are housed in a temperature stabilized oven with motorized control, providing hands free tuning over >100 nm of the visible spectrum. When pumped with the Matisse C and the appropriate fiber laser the MixTrain provides hands-free, all solid state output from 422–670 nm for SFM – a attractive and versatile alternative to a CW dye laser. Flexible configuration of mixing and separating optics enables output from 1.1–4.2 μm for DFM, depending on fiber laser input.
|Molecular/atomic cooling and magneto-optic trapping|
|Tunable visible/IR experiments|
|Wavelength Range||422-518 nm||488-615 nm||515-670 nm|
|Output Power2||>1.0 W @ 450 nm||>2.0 W @ 520nm||>1.0 W @ 555 nm|
|Automated Scan Range||>20 GHz|
|Fiber Laser Input Power/Wavelength3||5 W @ 1064 nm||10 W @ 1550 nm||5 W @ 1950 nm|
|Tunable Wavelength Input||700–1020 nm|
|Wavelength Range||1120–2300 nm||1250–1450 nm;1650–2800 nm||2050-4200 nm|
|Output Power2||>100 mW @ 1500 nm||>200 mW @ 1700 nm||>10 mW @ 2500 nm|
|Automated Scan Range||>60 GHz|
|Fiber Laser Input Power/Wavelength3||5 W @ 532 nm||10 W @ 1550 nm||5 W @ 1064 nm|
|Tunable Wavelength Input||690–1020 nm||690–1000 nm||690–850 nm|
|SFM Tunable Input Power 2.0–6.0 W||>20%||>40%||>20%|
|DFM Tunable Input Power 2.0–6.0 W||>2%||>4%||>0.2%|
|Tunable Pump Laser5||TEM00, M2<1.1, single frequency laser, linewidth|
|Fiber Pump Laser66||TEM00, M2<1.1, single frequency laser, linewidth|
|Ambient Conditions||Constant temperature in the 20–25°C range|
|Laboratory||Vibrational isolated optical table, dust-free air (flow box)|
|Voltage||115/230 V, single phase, 50/60 Hz|
|Size (L × W × H)||17.13” x 13.94” x 9.37–9.92” (435 mm x 354 mm x 238–252 mm)|
1. Due to our continuous product improvement program, specifications are subject to change without notice.
2. Mixtrain output power is given at the 4.5 W peak output of the tunable laser and a fiber laser input of 10 W at the appropriate wavelength. Contact factory for
performance specifications at desired output wavelength
3. Contact factory to inquire about non-standard fiber laser wavelengths.
4. Typical performance is only for Matisse Ti:Sapphire and dye pump lasers, calculated as a ratio of Mixtrain output power to Matisse input power.
5. Output linewidth of Mixtrain is determined by the broadest input linewidth. For specified linewidth of Matisse, refer to the appropriate Spectra-Physics datasheet.
6. Output linewidth of Mixtrain is determined by the broadest input linewidth. Refer to fiber laser manufacturer’s datasheet for linewidth of fiber laser.
MixTrain Optical Layout
CW frequency doublers